kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle

I have a soft spot for jungle-themed nurseries since that's what I painted in my son's nursery 3 1/2 years ago.  We had to move away from that house and nursery and I'm pretty sure the new owners painted over the animals and palm trees on the wall.  I wonder how many coats of paint that took them?  Anywho...

Last week, one of my husband's co-workers contacted me about getting a growth chart made for her boyfriend's godchild, Maddox, for his Easter present.  As soon as she sent me pictures of his bedding from NoJo Jungle Babies, I got super excited!
I am the type of person who doesn't like to leave projects unfinished, so I was really excited today when the boys took an extra long nap.  I started drawing it out while they ate lunch, then I put them down for their naps.  I rushed to The Pecan House out back to grab all of my paints and brushes so I could get as much painting done while they were sleeping.

When I got back inside, my 3 year old was going to the bathroom and my 1 year old was jumping in bed.  ::sigh::  So I had to put them down again and THEN I was able to get to work!  I put the norm, HGTV, on in the background so I could get in my creative zone :-)

The boys probably took half an hour to fall asleep, but once they crashed, they were out for 2 1/2 hours!  This gave me 3 hours of painting time.  PERFECT!  I finished just in time for James to come out and say, "Mom, what would you like to do today?"  Right after that, Leyson was yelling, "Hello!?!" from his crib.  The joys of being a work-at-home mommy!!!

Kidspiration

Kidspired's Creation



I originally bought a beige/yellowy color to paint the background of the board, but I decided to leave that for last.  What I discovered was how COOL the natural wood looked behind the animals!  So I left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...