kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kidspiration of the Month!

April 2011
Katie
Age 11 - Chino, California
"My name is Katie Marie. I am 11yrs old.   My favorite thing to do in my spare time is to draw.  Whether I do it with markers, crayons or charcoals, it is something that I truly love.  My favorite food is Mexican food and pizza.  My favorite sport is football, yes, I said football! My favorite colors in the whole wide world are black and green.  I love frogs, but my mom won't buy me one, because she doesn't like them.  She thinks they are ugly.  My favorite teacher is Mrs Hilty. :)"
 
Katie in my Kindergarten class - 5 years old.
It was truly unfair of me to ask Katie that last question, but I couldn't resist and I absolutely love her answer :-)

Katie was one of my Kindergarten students a few years ago... and by a few years, well, she is now a 5th grader!  Even as a 5-year-old, her art was beautiful!  I could tell that, even from an early age, she LOVED art and she took pride in creating art.  I would give her extra time in writing centers so that she could illustrate her stories.  She always added so much detail and colors.  

Five years later, she is still creating beautiful art! Her parents display all of it on a wall in their office.  I love when parents foster creativity in their children!  A few months ago, Katie's mom posted this piece of art on Facebook and tagged me in it so I could see!  I love how Facebook still keeps us connected from California to Louisiana!


Projects were my favorite assignments in school because I was able to unleash my creativity while learning.  So many students learn better through creating and working with their hands.  Katie demonstrates this type of learning in her 3-D volcano that she created for her science class.  Super cool!!!
Katie, keep up your amazing work!  Art can come in so many forms, but most importantly, it comes from a creative heart!  I can tell it is something you truly love and you are really good at it!  Congratulations on becoming my first Kidspiration of the Month!


If you know a special kid who should be featured as a Kidspiration of the Month artist, please e-mail me at KidspiredCreations@gmail.com and include a name (first only), age, location, pictures and/or scans of their artwork along with a picture of the child artist.  Only artists under the age of 18 will be featured.  If chosen, I will ask for a short bio (likes/dislikes, favorite things, etc.) to be written by the child, or transcribed by the parent if the child is too young to write.

1 comment:

  1. This little lady is so amazing! & I dont just say that because she is my niece (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...