kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Friday, August 19, 2011

I Painted Yesterday

Most of the time, I'm a copy cat painter.  I design to match existing decor, so I usually don't choose my own paint colors or design (well, there's a little design element involved).  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE matching bedding, curtains, other wall hangings... I just love making everything in a room look like it all came from the same place together like a bed-in-a-bag, hence my passion for Kidspired Creations. 

Yesterday, however, I pulled out my paintbrushes and actually painted something that I came up with in my own head.  I don't get to do that very often, so here I am, very excited.  I'm kind of sad that it only took me an hour.  Shouldn't great paintings take like decades and stuff?  Well, that's why this isn't GREAT, but I love it... and that's what truly matters.
Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
~Mother Theresa              

I also thought I'd share the first time I picked up a paintbrush to create art for my house.  It was right after I got married 5 years ago and I couldn't find art to match our black futon (left over from my husband's bachelor pad) with red and white button pillows... HA!  These will be finding a new home soon because they don't really go with the decor in my house anymore.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...