kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Zebra Print... the New Polka Dot

Zebra print must be the "in" style for 'tweens and early teen girls' decor!  I have several orders for zebra print letters for a bunch of spunky 6th grader girls.  Zebra and pink, zebra and leopard print, zebra and purple... lots of stripes all around.  I'm definitely getting more orders for zebra than I am polka dot, that's for sure.  I love how these turned out!  They look GREAT against Melia's HOT PINK walls!
Kidspired's Creation:

While Melia's room is rocking the hot pink, Macy's room is decked in deep purple, and ZEBRA PRINT, of course.  She wanted dark purple and black stripes, but in order to add some contrast between the two dark colors, I decided to do a purple to lavender fade toward the center...
Kidspired's Creation:
 
Cassie also has a pink zebra print room like Melia, but her walls are white.  It was important for me to make sure each letter would POP against her white walls.  Also, because I was painting her first and middle name, I didn't want the zebra print to be dizzying, so I painted different zebra patterns on each of the letters in dark, medium, and light pink and black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...