kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Mod Dot Nursery


My friend Cristina is about to give birth to her second baby boy any day now!  Our oldest sons became best buds when they were in the same Pre-K class together last year, and now, I have the pleasure of designing her baby's nursery in her new home!  I feel so honored and blessed that she asked me to help her nest because, as you can probably assume, nesting is my favorite part of pregnancy!  It's such an amazing feeling to have the nursery complete right before baby comes.  It makes you feel relaxed and READY!  I am so happy to be a part of that experience for families.

I love the simplicity, yet the boldness of the bedding design.  I went to Cristina's house and drew up a few ideas for wall decor in the nursery.  Together we decided on a plan!  Since her son's name is Daniel, she really wanted a Bible verse about Daniel to hang in his room, but she also wanted to incorporate a few of her favorite verses as well.  Decisions, decisions... well... let's use them all!!!
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8
"My God sent his angel and he shut the mouths of the lions.
They have not hurt me because I was found innocent in his sight."
Daniel 6:22
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."
Jeremiah 29:11

Since the circle design on the bedding is very symmetrical, I wanted to maintain symmetry by incorporating 6 paintings in a grid pattern.  I also wanted the paintings to stand out so I incorporated different patterns using the same bold colors as the bedding.
The bedding came with two window valences, but the nursery only has one bedroom.  I used the other valence to make simple wall decor using embroidery hoops that I purchased for $1.50 a piece.  The circles from the bedding pattern fit PERFECTLY into the hoops.  This was MAJOR coincidence!
In addition to the circles, this collage also includes sentimental decor.
If placed alone on the wall, the decor would have looked smaller and bare,
but by grouping it together it adds interest and fills an otherwise bare space.
The only thing missing now is a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...