kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lavender Monkey Theme Bow Holder

One of my college roommates is expecting her first baby!  A baby GIRL!  She is going to be a great mommy!  

I asked her what she needed for Sophia's nursery and she hinted that this little girl needs something functional... like...a bow holder!  Perfect!  I mean, in the world of hair bow fashion, who doesn't need a bow holder???  

Don't you just LOVE her lavender jungle themed bedding?  For those of you who follow my blog, you know how much I LOVE a good jungle theme!  But the star of this theme is the adorable monkey with a flower tucked behind her ear.  

I wanted to make this bow holder multi-functional, so I decided to attach the ribbons to a chalkboard so Mommy can write baby's age, or new milestones, or love notes!

Kidspired's Creation:

 It's funny how before I had my own baby girl, whenever I would make a bow holder, I didn't have any bows to model on it.  Now that my house is filled with bows, I actually got to CHOOSE which bows to put on here for picture's sake.
 I added four clips to the ribbons to hold wrap-around, elastic head bands.  I had to think outside the box for a good way to hold these because if you have bows, you also have elastic head bands to hold them.
 I sewed loops on the end of each ribbon to hold regular, non-elastic head bands.
The clips intended for the elastic head bands can also be used to make the ribbons shorter if necessary and to add an additional loop for more non-elastic head bands.  When she gets older, she will probably have less wrap around head bands, and more regular ones.  Multi-functional.  Bam!
Congratulations, Katie!  I am so excited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...