kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Measure by Measure

Kids grow up too fast.  I know for my boys, they had outgrown some of their newborn clothes by birth.  Those 2T clothes that I packed away out of my 3-year-old's closet just got pulled back down for my 18-month-old's wardrobe.  Boys can't really get away with midriffs and capris like girls can.  It can be really exciting when you go to that wellness check and can see the month-to-month progress of your baby's growth and you reflect on all of your baby's milestones.

In my case, my son actually got smaller between his 15-month and 18-month check ups.  Perhaps he does squirm a little too much when they try to pin him down to measure his length because I know for sure that he has grown out of all of his winter clothes already (hence why he was wearing shorts yesterday when it was 60 degrees in May in Louisiana).  But, we're talking about GROWTH here.

In honor of Leyson growing out of his 18-month clothes, I wanted to share some more growth charts with you! 

I already posted pictures of Peyton's sports-themed growth chart, but I wanted to share the kidspiration that inspired it.  Peyton has a comforter that will last him a long time.  No matter if he is in to cars or Buzz Lightyear or super heroes, his multi-colored quilted comforter can transform to fit different room themes.  I did know that Peyton was a sports fan, so I decided to subtly highlight that when creating his growth chart. 
Kidspiration:

 Kidspired's Creation:


Peyton's sisters were also getting growth charts and while they weren't sharing a room at the time, there was a possibility that they would one day.  I decided to paint their growth charts to match Evie's comforter in case Riley bunked with her.  I didn't want them to be the exact same, but I wanted them to look cute together.  I used two different shades of green on Evie's to match her bedding, then instead of green, used 2 different shades of pink for Riley's and alternated the patterns.
Kidspiration:
 Kidspired's Creation:


 
For Ellie's room, I got to choose the kidspiration to work with.  I fell in love with a little plaque that she had on her wall and I wanted to paint her growth chart to match.
Kidspiration:
Note:  I did not paint this plaque.
 Kidspired's Creation:


And in case you missed my other recent growth chart post:  In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...