kidspiration
-NOUN /KIDSPƏˈRĀSHƏN/
1. a child, group of children, or actions of a child/group of children that elicits actions or emotions or creativity in adults 
2. an event or visual reminder that stimulates youthful creativity 
3. a creation or action specifically designed for the purpose of entertaining and inspiring youth
For inquiries and orders, please e-mail Casey at
kidspiredcreations@gmail.com.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Pecan House


The Pecan House is my son's nickname for my art studio (which doubles as our guest house), a very original name considering the crazy-huge pecan tree in our yard.  Having this space has really allowed me to expand my business because now I don't have to move my wet art away from toddler hands.  I can simply paint and leave it to dry (which allows me to make an even bigger mess than I used to make). 

When we bought our house, The Pecan House was far from pretty... like really far... but nothing a paintbrush and some funky colors couldn't fix! 
 
First I had to choose paint colors.  Decisions, decisions....
 
 Then I had to paint my "found treasures."






















I made a few friends who were living inside my "found treasures."

Before


After

Before
After
My work station
Pirate checking out the paint job.  He approves.

I had to do SOMETHING with all of those paint samples... 
 You might be saying, "That is one messed up frame!  Surely you could fix that!"
One might think so.
However, this frame has some obvious history!  Not sure what that history is, but I definitely couldn't paint over it.  It's too much fun to guess what this rotting old frame with multiple paint colors and textures has been through.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is Casey! Thank you for your interest in Kidspired Creations! Please leave a message below so I know that you stopped by and please, e-mail me at kidspiredcreations@gmail.com if you have any questions about my art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...